logo

Home

History

Appartus

Members

Membership

Calendar

In Action

Chief
Fire Safety
Links

 

 

337 Macedonia Road
Gaffney, SC 29341

Phone: 864.489.8811

 

(Historical Photo)

The Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1970 by several community members interested in providing fire protection services to the citizens of the Macedonia community.  Today, the Macedonia Fire Department serves a variety of communities, businesses, and industries that make up the fire district.  It is with your continued support that the Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department is able to provide quality fire protection, medical support, and fire prevention and safety education to all the men, women, and children that make up the over 8000 citizens that our members serve.

Since 1971, the Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department has experienced many changes.  The first fire truck that was purchased was a 1971 International fire engine.  It had a 750 gallon per minute pump and 500 gallon tank.  Today, the Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department has a total of nine fire trucks.  We have three fire engines; a 1994 KME Freightliner, 1500 GPM pump and 1000 gallon tank, a 1999 American LaFrance, 1500 GPM pump and 1000 gallon tank, and a 2006 Pierce Custom Contender, 1250 GPM pump and 1000 gallon tank.  We have three tankers; a 1980 Chevrolet, 1200 gallon tank, a 2005 Freightliner, 2500 gallon tank, and a 2006 Pierce DX, 3000 gallon tank.  We have one heavy rescue/fire support service truck, one brush truck, and one fire operations support/medical support pick-up truck.

Also, the first building that housed the Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department still remains.  It continues to represent our main station, located at 337 Macedonia Road, Gaffney, South Carolina, standing as the focal point of our fire district.  This station houses one engine, two tankers, service truck, brush truck, and the fire operations support pick-up truck.  We also have two substations that house a variety of fire apparatus to serve the outer areas of our district.  The Butler Substation is located at the intersection of Macedonia Road and Old Metal Road.  It houses one engine and one tanker.  Finally, the Sunny Slope Substation is located at the intersection of South Green River Road and Sunny Slope Drive.  It houses one engine.

(Recent Building Photo)

At the present, the Macedonia Volunteer Fire Department has a total of 42 members on the roster.  We have a total of 26 certified interior firefighters, with 85% of those being trained to the Firefighter II level.  Many of our firefighters also have training in automobile extrication and are medical first responders. 

members2008